[Nfb-seniors] Our Nationwide Phone Conferences - #4 recording is available - The #5 Conference is scheduled

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 13:39:47 UTC 2019

Hi You All

RE: The Fourth Conference of 2019 has happened; the Fifth Is Coming, read
below

#1 The Blind History Lady presentation happened this week, on Tuesday; she
gave her usual GREAT story telling performance. The recording of this one
hour program is available from our division's website -
http://seniors.nfb.org

The Fifth Conference is coming: July 2nd- Learn about The Legacy Technology
Project. Presented by Roger Cicchese. Roger writes: The Legacy Technology
Project was started by a deaf blind user of the technology and a teacher of
the visually impaired. It is mostly a response to the high cost of new
access technology. We acquire used devices in a variety of ways including
contributions, trades and purchases. The devices are cleaned, repaired,
repackaged and distributed at reasonable prices to places where they can do
the most good. If you have talking or braille technology that works or does
not work, that you would like to pass on to us, we will find new homes for
it. In the past 8 years we have found new homes for hundreds of devices
including Pac mates, Braille -N-Speaks, talking GPS devices, disc drive
accessories, victor readers and so much more. We do not list our inventory
as it changes so frequently. But if there is an item you are seeking, please
contact us by email or phone and we will do what we can to assist you.

Respectfully yours,

Robert Leslie Newman

NFBN Senior Division, President

NFB Seniors division, Second Vice President

Webmaster for our Seniors Division's website. (If you find any errors on
http://seniors.nfb.org , PLEASE bring it to my attention.)