[Nfb-seniors] loosing eye sight

M. Zimmerman maryzimm9 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 06:03:35 UTC 2019

I have macular degeneration and am loosing my eyesight in both eyes.  I am
trying to get prepared for the inevitable.  Reading the computer is getting
difficult.  I have been doing research.  I have a cricket cell phone but no
smart phone.  My main concern is paying bills which I now do online and
using the computer.  I see there is JAWS for around $900.  What is the best
way to prepare while I can still see to set things up?  I found the
AppleVis list of apps for the low vision. I signed up for ROVER for
transportation and I have home delivery for my groceries but that has to be
done on the computer which is getting harder and harder to see.   Any
suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You!
Marylin