[NFB-Seniors] An Important Study you should consider participating in -

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 19:02:04 UTC 2020

Hi You All

We have been  asked if we could post the below announcement to the seniors
division list. This research has been approved by the NFB research advisory
council. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or
concerns. Thanks so much for your help!

Lou Ann

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for
informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no
involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our
research mission.

The School of Information at University of Michigan is recruiting adults
over the age of 65 with a vision impairment. To participate, you must own a
phone (landline or cell phone) and be able to participate in interviews by
phone.

If eligible, you will be interviewed about how you communicate with other
people and use technology. You may be asked to try a new technology for 1
year and give feedback on it. Participants will receive up to $120 for
participation in the study.

If interested in this research opportunity, please contact Robin Brewer at
734-615-1299 or by e-mail at  <mailto:visionstudy at umich.edu>
visionstudy at umich.edu.

PI:  Robin Brewer, PhD
School of Information
University of Michigan

IRB Study Number:  HUM141953

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.

Deputy Executive Director, Blindness Initiatives

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 |  <mailto:lblake at nfb.org> lblake at nfb.org