[nfb-talk] Another perspective on guide dogs

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 25 14:39:12 UTC 2009

I had to leave for a trip last Saturday morning in the middle of a snow
storm with 8 inches of snow. Yeah, I could have done it with a cane but it
would have been way, way harder. there was the 8 inches of snow to trudge
through, huge piles of snow in my path, snow blowers all over the place, and
just general confusion.   It would have been so hard to get to the bus
station without a guide dog.

A guide dog provides a pair of eyes and an extra brain. I don't know how
anyone could think that wouldn't help.