[nfb-talk] Proposal to Decrease Unemployment Among the Blind

Chris Westbrook westbchris at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 18:46:13 UTC 2009

Antonio, why would I as a businessman even want to spend the first 10000 if
I knew I could hire a sighted person for nothing and probably find enough
people within the next five years to handle all of my staffing needs?  You
all seem to be missing the big elephant in the room, in part, and that is
that in a lot of cases no matter how good your computer skills or how much
technology you have nine times out of ten proprietary apps that a lot of
companies use will not be accessible.  I know for a fact that a blind person
couldn't be an accountant in my company not because they are blind but
because the technology they use is completely inaccessible.