[nfb-talk] Proposal to Decrease Unemployment Among the Blind

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Sat Feb 28 20:11:49 UTC 2009

In my opinion, it's not really relevant that Eddy's idea won't solve all of
the problems faced by blind people. Nothing is going to do that. People
keeps saying "The real problm is this or that". Yeah, maybe. But so what?
The only true way to judge Eddy's idea is on whether it will help and if
it's worth the money and effort.

I also think it's irrelevant that purchasing adaptive equipment should be
the responsibility of DVR agencies. Yeah, maybe. But we're still looking at
a 70% unemployment rate. Again, the only thing I'd consider important about
this aspect is if it could be shown that DVR agencies will be less likely to
do their part if the NFB does it for them.