[nfb-talk] Proposal to Decrease Unemployment Among the Blind

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Mar 1 01:41:11 UTC 2009

John:  You are right -- there just isn't one answer to the
unemployment problem.  It will take lots of things done by lots of
people and organizations.  There isn't a magic answer.

And ... a prediction by me -- I think one of the main barriers is the
negative attitudes of sighted persons.  It is my prediction that
many, if not most of future blind persons will have useful artificial
vision before we overcome those barriers to a sizable degree.  The
only way seems to be one person at a time, and some people are
predisposed to be influenced while others aren't.  I think usable
artificial vision is many years away, not in my life time, but still
closer then overcoming attitudinal barriers.

Dave