[nfb-talk] Proposal and predictions

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Mar 1 21:00:17 UTC 2009

John:

You make an interesting point about people wishing they were dead if
they went blind in the face of our successes.  I think the reason is
that they see each successful blind person as an exception to their
pre-conceived notions.  That way, if you are the exception it doesn't
challenge how they really feel;.

Also, when I talked about artificial vision, I said "useful
artificial vision."  We have it of sorts today, but I mean vision
that is the same as or similar to that experienced by a fully sighted
person.  Today the resolution is so bad that it has to be regarded as
an experiment.

Dave