[nfb-talk] Check Out This Link On Rush Limbaugh talking about blind justice

Rovig, Lorraine LRovig at nfb.org
Fri Aug 13 14:55:25 UTC 2010

"The NFB" has responded.  FYI, my friends, the following paragraph is posted on www.nfb.org:

NFB Defends Rights of Blind Students
The National Federation of the Blind responded today to recent attacks on the right of blind students to have equal access to technologies used by America's universities and to the textbooks and course materials offered by institutions of higher learning.  The NFB and the United States Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, have come under attack in recent days for reaching settlements with universities requiring that the universities refrain from purchasing any e-book technology that is not fully accessible to the blind. For the full statement, please read the official press release. [a link is provided on the Web site.]

PS: I suggest we don't help this loud and rude guy on the radio stir up more debates to fatten his wallet and expand his ego. Do something positive instead, like Promote Access to Science Education for Blind Students: Vote every day for the NFB Youth Slam in the Pepsi Refresh Project by texting 101913 to Pepsi (73774). (Information on this topic is posted on www.nfb.org.)

Cordially,
Lorraine Rovig
Member of NFB since July 1975 and
attendee at every national NFB convention since 1976