[nfb-talk] 2010 NFB convention agenda in DAISY format

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:40:38 UTC 2010

I started playing with Greg's text-only DTB version to see if I could
build an ePub out of it, since a DAISY book fitting the latest and
greatest standards is supposed to essentially BE an ePub without
significant modification.  Alas, iBooks claimed there were missing
resources, and I think the Threepress validator was actually laughing
at my attempt.

As bad as it was, Sigil managed to chew it up and spit out something
iBooks will at least open–there are many problems, but at least the
ext is intact!  The result doesn't pretend to validate, and the TOC
is presently useless since it contains every single navigation item,
and iBooks at least flattens this into a single list!  Haven't tried
Stanza yet, since it is not yet accessible to speech users.

Anyway, I'll be cleaning it up a bit more over the next day or so.
Anyone else interested in the results?  (If I can figure out how to
do this in a reasonably automated manner, I might turn my hand to
converting Bookshare content.  (That DEFINITELY won't validate, but
if it displays properly I'd call it good enough.)

Apparently the nerd hat still fits,

Joseph