[nfb-talk] Dining in the dark

John Heim john at johnheim.net
Sat Apr 23 22:24:25 UTC 2011

I really don't think eating without vision is that difficult, Mike

It occurs to me that I've been around people dining without vision for the
first time in their lives when I was at the guide dog school. New
instructors have to do a few weeks of training while wearing a mask. The
only time they are allowed to take it off is when they are in the shower. I
guess they don't want the masks getting wet. Anyway, I never noticed these
trainers having trouble eating and none of them ever said anything about it
at meal times.