[nfb-talk] Tragedy in Denver

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 2 07:32:27 UTC 2011

there is a significant difference between being charged criminally as will
probably occur in this case and being sued for civil damages which will most
likely occur as well. In the case of a criminal prosecution there will most
likely be a plea bargain as no criminal defense lawyer would want to take a
case in front of a jury where the victims were three blind people minding
their own business waiting for a bus. What most likely happened in Ryan's
case was in a civil suit for damages where defense lawyers representing the
driver and/or insurance company were trying to get out of paying and
claiming contributory negligence.
Chuck