[nfb-talk] Emergency response training

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 9 19:15:45 UTC 2011

it sounds like interesting training. When I was doing counseling for the
county mental health department I was assigned as part of my job to counsel
inmates in the county juvenile hall. While management was aware that I was
blind I was required to go through the same orientation process that new
hires went through and this included the physical agility tests that were
required. I also worked in suicide prevention and did outreach on the
streets with homeless mentally ill populations and while it surprised many I
was able to do the job successfully even to the extent of finding more
clients than my bosses wanted found. good luck with the training.
Chuck