[nfb-talk] New Brailler

Brian Miller brian-r-miller at uiowa.edu
Sun Mar 27 01:11:11 UTC 2011

Whatever happened to that brailler made by the engineering  students at
Johns Hopkins University that weighed a pound, was made of composite
plastics, and cost around $20?  That's where we should be with braillers...
Paying $600-$2000 for a braille writer is tantamount to criminal gouging.

I work in developing countries where it would mean the world to be able to
buy a brailler for less than $50, and one that wouldn't corrode in humid
weather.

Brian Miller