[nfb-talk] [Blindtlk] Refusal To Use A Cane

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Mon Dec 17 01:22:33 UTC 2012

Good point!  I am 50 years old and until 4 years ago I got around with and
sometimes without a cane.  I have sence chosen to use a dog!  I showed up to
my first NFB meeting with her with the impression that NFB didn't like dogs!
Another dude who is much older showed up without his dog for the same
reason! Well, that gentleman didn't come back but sence then, I've formed
our guide dog committee here in Michigan and hope to hav4e a full
diviswsio0n by next year!  Yes guys, I still have canes and also can get
around fine without but, I find advaqntages in every mode of travel.
Provider that it can be done well!