[nfb-talk] cane advice?

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Tue Jun 24 11:49:36 UTC 2014

My answer is, different strokes for different folks.  It all depends on how you use your cane and your health condition.  If you just use a cane for assisting you in getting you where you want to go, than a lite weight cane should be fine for you.  I use a heavy duty cane, because I have orthapeatic problems and when stepping down curbs, I lean on my heavy duty cane for support. If you are going to the NFB National Convention, try out some other types of canes, at the NFB store, before making a change.
I have tried 2 other brands of canes, in my life, but have gone back to my heavy duty, Gaulf Pride handle, each time.

Terry Powers