[nfb-talk] Thanksgiving Memories

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Mon Nov 24 22:18:05 UTC 2014

When I was a kid of 5 and 6 years old, we really did go to Grandma and
Grandpa's house Thanksgiving Day for turkey and all the trimmings.  Grandma
was always a really good cook anyway, but this was even better.  Before
dinner we would sit and watch one of the parades and then just relax.  In
the late nineties when my parents moved back up here and I was still in
Connecticut, I was invited by my girlfriend to spend Thanksgiving with her
and her family, they certainly made me feel at home.  When I lived in
Florida, our church had a Thanksgiving feast and you would usually bring a
dish or two, often a dessert, and it was great for those of us whose
families were far away.  It always made me thankful that I was either with
family or was usually invited somewhere.  Nobody, unless by choice, should
have to spend Thanksgiving by themselves, in my opinion.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.