[nfb-talk] Can we please stop the political discussion on this list?

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 01:30:59 UTC 2017

Hello all,
In my experience, if there was something that wasn't specifically a
blindness issue, such as just about everything that has been discussed over
the last few days on this list, under the subject heading, "here he comes",
then doctor Jernigan encouraged people to go out into their communities and
join with the sighted people who were also interested in said topics. Is
their some reason why you folks interested in the current political evens
can't do that?
There are a lot of people on this list who are fed up with having to scroll
through the e-mails on the Trump presidency and delete them. Is it so much
to ask that people take their politics and presidential preferences and
discuss them on appropriate e-mail lists with other people who are
interested in such discussions. Hasn't it occurred to people that they are
inconveniencing the majority of their fellow listers with this continued
discussion of off-topic noise.
A civil request from the moderator seems to have accomplished nothing by way
of getting the politics discussions stopped.
I'm sure I'm speaking for the busy, silent majority on this list when I'm
asking folks to please stop using this list as an opportunity to express
your political views and argue with each other about who has the right to
believe what or live where. How about our rights? We signed up to a list to
discuss blindness and NFB related topics. Is it too much to ask people to
respect the purpose of the list and all of us who want the list to remain
blindness and NFB related? Are their not enough discussion boards and
listservs and Facebook and Twitter feeds on the whole of the internet that
you must hijack this list as well to impose the expression of your personal
opinions on those who don't wish to waste our time with them? Can you please
just stop? Please? Please?
Respectfully,
Heather