[nfb-talk] The House of Representatives Passes The Amerikesh Treaty:Tready:

Kenneth Chrane kenneth at samobile.net
Thu Sep 27 01:02:05 UTC 2018

Sero Email: Read Message
Read Message
From:
Danielsen, Chris via Nfb-announce via NFBNet-Members-List
To:
nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject:
[Nfbnet-members-list] US House of Representatives Passes Marrakesh
Treaty Implementation Act
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
US House of Representatives Passes Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act
Treaty Now Awaits  Presidential Action
Washington, DC (September 25, 2018): The United States House of
Representatives has passed the  Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act (S.
2559), which makes modest changes to copyright law that  will bring the
United States into compliance with the terms of the Marrakesh Treaty.
The Senate  gave its advice and consent to ratification of the treaty
and passed the implementing legislation  on June 28.
"For almost a decade now, the National Federation of the Blind, our
partners, and other advocates  have worked to bring the Marrakesh
Treaty into being and into force," said Mark A. Riccobono,  President
of the National Federation of the Blind. "Today we applaud the United
States House of  Representatives for its passage of the Marrakesh
Treaty Implementation Act. We now urge President  Trump to sign this
implementing legislation, and to order the State Department to deposit
the  instrument of ratification with the World Intellectual Property
Organization as soon as  practicable. We are closer than ever to the
day when blind Americans will have greater access to  the world's
knowledge, in many of its original languages, than we have ever had in
human history."
###
About the National Federation of the Blind The National Federation of
the Blind (NFB),  headquartered in Baltimore, is the oldest and largest
nationwide organization of blind Americans.  Founded in 1940, the NFB
consists of affiliates, chapters, and divisions in the fifty states,
Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. The NFB defends the rights of blind
people of all ages and provides  information and support to families
with blind children, older Americans who are losing vision, and  more.
We believe in the hopes and dreams of blind people and work together to
transform them into  reality. Learn more about our many programs and
initiatives at www.nfb.org< http://www.nfb.org >. nfb.org - National
Federation of the Blind< http://www.nfb.org/ > www.nfb.org The National
Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic
that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of
blind people, because low  expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams.
CONTACT:
Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330
(410) 262-1281 (Cell)
cdanielsen at nfb.org< ;mailto: cdanielsen at nfb.org> ;
Disclaimer
The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended  solely for use by the recipient and
others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient,  you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking
action in relation of  the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.
List archives: <
http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org > To
unsubscribe from NFBNet-Members-List:
goto
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org/kenneth%40samobile.net
Date:
Tuesday, September 25 at 9:41 PM
Quote original message in reply
Add the sender to the address book when I reply
Reply to All
Add to Sync List
Previous
Next