[NFB-Talk] Starting on-line AD&D 5e game

Jack Heim john at johnheim.com
Thu Nov 14 15:24:52 UTC 2019

Hi all, a recent article in the New York Times talked about how disabled
people, amputees, paraplegics,  and quadriplegics benefit from on-line
Dungeons and Dragons games. For a long time i have been wanting to start
an on-line game for blind people. The benefits of playing Dungeons and
Dragons over other on-line games are that it is mostly non-visual and it
fosters community. In D&D, the players are all on the same side. They
cooperate to win. The result is that the other players become some of
your best friends. Its way more enriching than listening to TV. Also,
unlike other on-line games, the game is played entirely by voice. The
game is almost the same over Skype or face time as it is in person.

No experience is necessary to join this group. You don't have to buy
anything. AD&D does have a lot of rules but we can get started in a
single evening.

If you are interested, let me know by replying to this message or by
sending a private email to john at johnheim.com.