[NFB-Talk] Ski for Light Virtual Event

bonnoday at gmail.com bonnoday at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 00:30:27 UTC 2020

Ski for Light International Event: Virtually Everywhere!
While we wish we could gather in person, the 46th Annual Ski for Light
International Event is going virtual. The COVID-19 pandemic has created many
disruptions and hardships, but it can't prevent the Ski for Light family
from exercising our creativity and our bodies, from connecting, or from
sharing and learning via technology.
Join us Wednesday, January 27, through Saturday, January 30, for this event,
featuring three to four hours of optional daily programming on the Zoom
platform, plus opportunities and encouragement to challenge yourself
offline. We are planning a fitness program to get your blood pumping,
special interest sessions to expand your knowledge, and a closing banquet
full of comedy, song, and celebration.
And for the first time, SFL attendance will be free!  Each registrant will
receive an embroidered Ski for Light patch and an SFL-logoed resistance band
(handy for home strength training and stretching), while supplies last.
We hope to welcome many newcomers to our community with this uniquely
accessible demonstration of our motto: "If we can do this (in a pandemic),
we can do anything!" Though hosting a virtual "skiing" event has some
obvious challenges, it also means that anyone with an interest can drop in
and learn why veteran attendees find SFL gatherings so enriching. What a
fantastic chance for those who might have been thinking about attending for
years, to get over that snow-mogul hump of indecision! So, skiers, guides,
and the simply curious, please make plans now to join this year's virtual
adventure. More details and the short application form for the event are
posted at www.sfl.org/events/next.
Come Zoom with us in January, and soon we'll be back out on the trails with
each other, zooming for real!