[NFB-Talk] Food for Thought: Topical Podcasts

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 30 20:33:03 UTC 2020

You're right about that. Another idea I thought about is a module on how to
advocate for yourself. Several years ago, we had seminars at our convention
on this topic. That was ffantastic, but as often seems to happen at the
convention, the only way to capture good ideas is if you're there.

This is another reason why I'm wondering if we should do podcasts. While
these shouldn't take the place of hands-on, I believe they can reach more
people. The advocacy seminar I referred to was one I captured. Also, we've
had other seminars at our convention before.

Also, in this time where people are still isolated, we need to build each
other up more than ever. A podcast can still offer some distance learning,
much like we did with Zoom, but we drop the Zoom fatigue problem many
experienced after several months.

Any thoughts? Thanks.