[NFB-Talk] Advice about the Deaf-blind and Zoom meetings

Norma Crosby ncrosby at nfbtx.org
Wed Sep 2 21:20:08 UTC 2020

Kaye,

Captioning can be tough if you aren't a quick typist, but it is possible
for a volunteer to do captioning during meetings. It might not be ideal,
but it could work. I am sure someone from the deaf-blind division may
provide a more satisfactory answer. Members serving as volunteer captioners
would definitely fall into the category of homegrown in my book. You might
check with some of your chapter members to see if they are willing to help
with this. I believe the host can assign someone as a captioner. There may
be a trick to this that I am unaware of, but I think I have seen that
option when I have hosted Zoom meetings.

Norma Crosby, President
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
1600 E Highway 6, Suite 215
Alvin, TX  77511
(281) 968-7733 (Main Office)
(832) 558-4940 (Fax)