[NFBA-Phoenix] Addressing the Phoenix chapter.

Brad Kuhn papa.ks.kafe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 09:19:13 UTC 2017

Hello fellow Venetian Federation family; I thought I would take the time to address you as President of the Phoenix chapter and talk to you about things that have been going on with in the chapter this year. I have to say that The involvement of our members has exceeded expectations and I am more proud now than I ever have before. Membership and fundraising were my two main objectives that I wanted to tackle under this new administration. When I look back at my first goal, membership, I, at first, felt a little discouraged. I do not feel that the chapter has grown much since last November.  However, I then began to recall that members that once were in the chapter, have recently come back to the chapter. Also, the chapter, as a whole, has begun to become more involved in that chapter activities such as meetings and fundraising, our chapter  picnic, and of course our ever so popular Christmas party. Because our chapter meeting is usually on the first Saturday of the month and the state convention will be meeting during that  Time, we will be holding our chapter meeting on the second Saturday for the month of September. I would like to encourage each and every member to bring someone to the meeting that Has
 Not Ben in quite a long time or has never been to a meeting at all. If that person joins our chapter and attends at least one meeting and the karaoke singathon  October, I personally will buy that person dinner for the Christmas party in December.
Now let's look at the fundraising efforts. We started out by trying to sell off the worlds finest chocolate before it expired I am in the process we we poop almost $150 to go  to our treasury. At this year's picnic, we raised almost $300 and just this last week we held a "chilly days of summer end of "chili cook off and weighs $160. Of course, we are are currently selling lanyards and we hope to Waze nearly $3000 for the chapter and half of which will go to the state affiliate. Speaking of which, Rodney and Arlen put together a fantastic fundraiser where we worked with chipotle and then chipotle donated $327 to the affiliate. The affiliate, in return, gave us half of what we raised and kept the other half to go into the state treasury.  Stay tuned because I will be making an announcement on the preparations for thesingathon in October. I want to each and every one of you to understand that raising funds for the chapter is to not only help on a state and national level, but to also give assistance to our members when certain events come up. We were able to help members at Washington seminar and we are currently helping with the  luncheon and the banquet tickets during State convention so please do not forget to let me or Arlen know by Saturday, August 20th if you would like assistance.
Again, I want to thank each and every one of you for the support you have given me as president of The Phoenix chapter. In reality, it is you as members of the Phoenix chapter that has helped us to grow and become stronger. I hope to see each and every one of you at state convention, wearing your lanyards proudly and I encourage you all to continue to sell them as well. Sincerely, Bradley Kuhn Phoenix chapter president