[NFBA-Phoenix] Jan 2020 PHX Chapter meeting and Braille Readers are Leaders Event!

Jordan Moon jdfmoon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 22:28:03 UTC 2019

Hello my Phoenix chapter Family!

 I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season. Can you believe 2019
is basically over already?

 I’m writing to remind you of our chapter meeting, scheduled for Jan 4
at 9:30 a.m. at SAAVI Services for the blind: 4222 E Thomas Rd,
Phoenix.

 After, we will be having our chapter’s Braille Readers are Leaders
event, witch is so exciting! This event is for blind youth in Phoenix
and across the valley in order to get them excited for braille and to
enter them into the contest. Vicki, Colin, Ashleigh and myself have
been working hard to organize this. The event will take place after
our chapter meeting from 12:00-2:00 p.m. We need chapter members to
volunteer to be part of this event. Below, please find the following
event stations and see where you can fit in 
•	Teaching tools- station to display various tools used in the
classroom and that students can benefit from
•	Braille novelties- Station to display interesting braille items,
from braille maps to braille watches.
•	Braille Tech- anything from braille displays to braille note takers,
and much more!
•	Braille games- Uno, tick-tack-toe, etc
•	NFB Lit- station where students and parents can come learn about the
NFB and grab some great litature
•	Talkingbook station- students can sign up for the talkingbook
library and receive a book that day to check out and leave with.

If students visit all the stations, they will be entered into a
drawing where they can win braille games and a gift card.

If you are interested in volunteering, please reply to my email, or
call Ashleigh Moon at (602-791-1737 or amoon at saavi.us
 We hope to see everybody for our chapter meeting and our event after!
Enjoy the rest of your holiday season!

Sincerely,
Jordan Moon
NFB of Arizona  Phoenix Chapter