[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] Welcome To The NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter -- NFB of Arizona East Valley Chapter List

Megan Homrighausen megan.homrighausen at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 22:08:20 UTC 2016

Dear Federationists,
I would like to welcome you to the new East Valley Chapter List. You are on this list either because you are a member of the East Valley or because you have at some point shown an interest in the East Valley Chapter, the National Federation Of The Blind and currently live or have lived in the East Valley. I would like to make sure that you are aware that you are now able to subscribe or unsubscribe from this list freely. You also have the ability to change your subscription settings at any time. We really hope that you will continue to stay an active part of our list and we appreciate so much that you are here.

We would like to state that this is not by any means meant to replace or compete with other NFB or NFBA lists. The East Valley Chapter list is not meant to advertise state and other affiliate chapter news unless it pertains to the East Valley.

My hope is that this list may be used as another means to capture the attention of our current East Valley membership, as well as an additional tool to reach out to interested blind and newly blind individuals of the East Valley of Arizona who are looking for local chapter information etc.

This list will be used to keep the East Valley and anyone who may be interested in the National Federation Of The Blind informed of the following items:

-East Valley Chapter meeting information and announcements: Information regarding the East Valley Chapter meetings. special guest speakers and or any upcoming meeting information. (sent out once monthly excluding May and December)

-East Valley Braille Club announcements: This list now provides a way for our chapter members who are actively growing our Braille club a way to write their own announcements and be a part of the process to promote Braille literacy in the East Valley. (Sent out bi-weekly)
-Information regarding legislation and NFBA issues the East Valley is asked to act upon; This list provides a way to communicate to the East Valley with the click of a button. We will be able to better communicate with our community. Expect some legislation to come out on this list especially around our NFBA day at the capital, White Cane Safety Awareness Day and issues that the NFBA has asked for East Valley participation, help and representation to further the efforts of the National Federation Of The Blind and the NFBA.

-East Valley Events: Christmas parties, pool Parties and other event announcements that we feel the East Valley may have an interest in participating in will now be posted to this list.
-East Valley Fundraiser and Project Information: East Valley fundraiser and project information will be posted along with any advertising material for the fundraiser and or project.

-East Valley Volunteers Needed: We may ask for volunteers for various activities through this list.

-Other Information: Information that the East Valley Chapter has specifically asked to be sent out to the East Valley membership during monthly business meetings of the East Valley will be posted and archived here.

This list was made to be an "Announcement Only" listserv in order to keep within the purposes and goals of why this list was created.

Statement of goals and purpose for this list:

The purpose and goal in creating this list
is to keep members of the East Valley of the National Federation Of The Blind of Arizona informed of monthly chapter meetings
and East Valley NFBA events. Other information regarding the East Valley Community, NFBA legislative action needed and important affiliate announcements that pertain to the East Valley of Arizona and the National Federation Of The Blind will be sent out here as well.

We invite you to join this list and stay up to date on what is happening in the East Valley of the National Federation Of The Blind Of Arizona.
This is an Announce-Only list. To have something posted, please contact the Moderator.

This list is moderated by Megan Homrighausen. You can reach her at:

megan.homrighausen at yahoo.com
Again, we would like to reiterate how truly excited we are that you have taken an interest in the East Valley Chapter happenings and that you are a part of helping us build the National Federation Of The Blind and The National Federation Of The Blind Of Arizona East Valley Chapter.

 Sincerely, Megan Homrighausen East Valley Chapter President NFBA 480-510-6196