[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] 2019 National Convention Assistance

Megan Homrighausen megsvending at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 04:33:46 UTC 2019

Dear East Valley chapter,

Our chapter has voted to help members go to our 2019 National Convention. This year we will be meeting in Las Vegas Nevada.

We want as many people to go to our national convention from the East Valley as possible! Please, even if you can only come for a few days, the convention is so Close to us. This opportunity may not happen again for a while.

Going to national convention is a growing opportunity no matter how many times you have been there. This is our time as members to direct the National Federation Of The Blind in the year, and even years ahead. We are paving a way for the future of the blind.

Please contact me if you are needing assistance to go to this convention.

I have set some guidelines: Please be sure to read them.

1.  We need you to help sell raffle tickets. The money made from the raffle is to help us go to national convention.

2. If you do not get assistance from the East Valley, You may go to the state. If you do get assistance from the East Valley, I would ask that you not ask for state assistance. We have allocated $6000 for national convention. Just tell me what you need and we will figure it out. You are more than welcome to ask for state assistance, please do not get assistance from both. If for some reason both might be needed, please talk to me first.

3. If you are asking for assistance, please make sure you are doing some budgeting. Get some roommates, figure out meals. Vegas is not the cheapest place to go. :-) The food will be pricey.

4. Please help at the convention if needed. Attend as much of the sessions as possible.

That’s all I ask.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at national convention.

Sincerely,
Megan Homrighausen