[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] I Will Be Resigning As East Valley Chapter President Effective Immediately

Megan Homrighausen megsvending at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 01:24:53 UTC 2020

Dear East Valley Chapter and Federation Family,

With a sad heart, I would like to announce that I will be giving up my position as East Valley Chapter President effective immediately. There have been some circumstances that have led me to make this decision.

In my heart, I feel that I have overcome a lot, and learned so much from the Federation. Because of the NFB, I have a job. I have gotten to know myself and not be ashamed of  my lack of sight. Without the National Federation Of The Blind I would still be living off the government and my family because I didn’t know I could do any better. I pay my taxes now and I feel that I have 100% paid back the state of Arizona for all the tools they were able to get me to be able to do my job effectively. I have my own home now. I am respected in my community.  In my wildest dreams I never thought I would get to be the Vender of the year for 2019 with the NFB Merchants.  I want to shout from the rooftops that it’s OK to be blind Please, come join the NFB, It will change your life forever. I’m “Getting it done.” and I am so happy to be a part of changing what it means to be blind. This is why this is so sad for me to have to do.

I have scheduled chapter meetings, and made sure that East Valley has had meeting rooms to do our business. I tried to encourage my board to attend chapter meetings, my officers said they would do what they could.

The coronavirus has hit my business pretty hard already. I am here working my business by myself because of the lack of customers. Normally, I said that we could do board meetings on Monday evenings before the chapter meeting. All chapter meetings have been canceled. I understand that board members put time aside tonight for a board meeting. When I said I was unable to do it, I got some pretty negative responses, stating that I was going to have board meetings on Monday, and people set aside time. I understand that. I felt I was keeping everyone pretty informed with NFB announcements stating that we would not be having meetings. I love getting advice and help from leaders as well as other Federation members to help the Federation grow. I’m dome with The undermining comments from a board that participates when they want and is upset when things change. I am so sorry to be so blatantly honest but I don’t believe this is how things should be done and how people should be treated. Especially considering this is a voluntary position and I was so proud, and truly cared about our goals.

I wish nothing but the best for the East Valley chapter and the new president.

Thank you again most sincerley. Thank you for helping me grow. Don’t worry, I will be around. This isn’t goodbye.

Sincerely,
Megan Homrighausen
NFBA Board