[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] 2020 VRATE Information

Megan Homrighausen megsvending at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 17:01:17 UTC 2020

VRATE 2020
Expanding Our World

Are you or someone you know losing vision, living with low vision,  blindness , or hearing loss combined with vision loss?

The 24th Annual Vision Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology Expo will be

Friday, November 13th
8am – 5pm

This year VRATE will be accessible online or by phone.

VRATE is honored to have Steve Welker, Motivational speaker, and resiliency trainer. Steve has given hundreds of speeches to corporate clients, associations, professional sports organizations, major universities, and church groups. Steve is the author of the inspirational book ‘The World at My Fingertips, My personal story of triumph over tragedy.  Steve says, “his challenge — blindness — gives him a special understanding that many people just like himself could overcome obstacles and live productive, rewarding lives.”

Additionally, with the same registration you can attend one or all of the 8 sessions including: resources, adjustment to vision loss, online job interviewing technique, education, Social Security, and community organizations.

There  will be one session hourly from 9:00 to 5:00.

 Online registration is now open at www.vrate.org

To Register by phone, please call:
1-877-AZ-VRATE
1-877-29-87283
A volunteer will help you register.

This year’s VRATE will be Virtual, using Zoom –
accessible by any phone, tablet, or computer

There will be a virtual exhibit hall

Volunteers will be available throughout
the day to assist

Sincerely,