[Nfbc-info] free 411 services

rcubfank at sbcglobal.net rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 29 01:18:23 UTC 2015

Hello all: I have a situation that I hope someone can shed some light on: I have a new phone which is Verizon prepay. In the past, I have been able to get free 411 service from Verizon. When I called Verizon today, I was told both by a customer service rep and a floor supervisor that Verizon doesn’t have free 411.

I know about 800 free411 (800c7cc411) but the automated system doesn’t work. I can also use google here at home, but when I’m out, it would be nice to be able to use a free service. The manager at Verizon told me about mpa 555-1212 (672-555-1212) but I don’t know if it works. Has anyone used this.

If Verizon has eliminated free 411 service, this is another thorn in the side of Verizon. Two to three months ago, Verizon closed some call centers including the center in Irvine. The irvine call center had about 15 or 16 blind workers all I’m sure weren’t able to relocate to another call center back east.

If you can help me on the 411 situation, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Rob Kaiser
email;
rcubfank at sbcglobal.net