[Nfbc-info] FW: baby couldn't wait to arrive

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 5 17:37:29 UTC 2016

Announcing the arrival of Idrisa's baby boy.  I take that back.  He arrived as a pre schooler.
Idrisa's baby just couldn't wait until his due date and joined the party by ceasarian section on March 1, weighing in at 8 pounds 1 ounce.  She can skip the newborn size diapers.  Mom and baby are fine.  I am forwarding my original message providing the information to a go fund me account which I set up for all of our Federation family who wish to give a little gift to Idrisa and baby.  I know she will write when she can.  Let's all celebrate our newest Federationist.

  If you attended the fall convention of the National Federation of the Blind of California, you might remember that I commented that beginning in the spring Idrisa would probably be too busy to help us in the office.  I tried to think of a way for us to hold a Federation style baby shower for her but getting together was not an option.  So I came up with the idea of a “Go fund me” account rather than trying to get everyone together in the same room for a traditional baby shower.

Idrisa has been working for the NFB of California for almost eight years.  She is at every convention working behind the scenes.  She has gotten to know many of you and I know when her life settles back down into a routine, she will be back.

If you haven’t used Go fund me before here is what to expect.

When you click on the link below, it will take you to the Go fund me baby boy Idrisa page.

Scroll down to where you here Idrisa’s message about the arrival of the new baby.

The next link is “Donate now”.  Click on that one.

It will ask you how much you want to give and then it will ask for your credit card information.

You should receive a receipt sent to your email address after you submit or confirm your gift.

She still needs those big ticket items like a car seat, stroller, high chair and bassinette…

Thanks,

Mary

https://www.gofundme.com/7pkmqt3f