[Nfbc-info] Issue With Humanware

Denise Bravell dbravell at samobile.net
Fri Jun 30 02:23:34 UTC 2017

Dear Federationists,
I know that several members have victor reader streams from Humanware.
I bought mine in July 2016 and I sent it in for the third time for
repair on June 19.  Humanware has agreed to replace the stream.
However, they will not give me a new warranty on the replacement.  They
said that the original warranty will remain in effect until August 9,
2017.  I may choose to buy an extended warranty for two years, if I do
so before the original warranty runs out.  Otherwise, my stream will be
without warranty and I will be at risk of having to pay full cost for
repair, if needed.  I think that Humanware should give me a new
warranty.  Since they won't do this, I am suspicious that the
replacement they are sending might be a refurbished product rather than
a new one.  I would appreciate any opinions on this.
Denise Bravell