[nfbcs] Fwd: WE4Java 0.9.2 beta now available for download

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at loc.gov
Fri Dec 12 20:06:30 UTC 2008

A script-based method for accessing Java programs is being developed for
Window-Eyes.  It is a work in progress, but progress is being made.  I
don't intend to post further iterations to this listserv until much more of
it is working.  The best place to follow developments is the Scripting list
run by GW Micro.
-- LR

>From: "Macarty, Jay  {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty at pbsg.com>
>To: "gw-scripting at gwmicro.com" <gw-scripting at gwmicro.com>
>Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:56:09 -0600
>Subject: WE4Java 0.9.2 beta now available for download
>
>All,
>WE4Java version 0.9.2 Beta is now available for download from RapidShare
>at the link below:
>
><http://rapidshare.com/files/172786743/WE4Java_0.9.2_setup.exe>http://rapidshare.com/files/172786743/WE4Java_0.9.2_setup.exe
>
>This release provides the ability to use the java installer to
>automatically scan for a running java process and look up the runtime
>location being used for that application. You will be prompted to ask if
>you want to install WE4Java in the runtime directory for the running
>application.
>
>Also in this release, updates are made to allow reading of single and
>multi-line text boxes using the arrow keys.
>
>New in this release is a copy of the Java Notepad demo program which comes
>with the java development kit. Note that executing this demo program
>assumes that a default java runtime is installed. The launch script simply
>states
>
>Java –jar Notepad.jar
>
>When the notepad starts, the focus is on the tool bar with the new, open,
>save, etc. Buttons. You can use the Open button to display a file chooser
>dialog and select a file for reading.
>
>NOTE: Since menu bar access isn’t available just yet, When you are done
>with the notepad demo, just press alt+f4 to close it.
>
>The change log entries for this release are given below:
>
>Beta Release 0.9.2 - Friday, 12/12/2008
>
>This release contains the following updates:
>
>   * Updated the Java Installer to allow automatically searching for a
>     java install directory based on a running java application. To run
>     the java installer in Scan Mode, start a java application and then
>     launch the Java Installer from the WE4Java program group. The installer
>     will scan all running processes looking for either java.exe or
> javaw.exe.
>     If found, the installer will look up the directory of the running
> java application
>     and ask if you want to install WE4Java in that directory. This
>     ability is helpful when you have a java based application that you don't
>     know the location of the java runtime it is using.
>   * The Java Installer has been updated to record the directories where you
>     have installed WE4Java. An ini file is updated to reflect both the
> date/time
>     of the install and the version of WE4Java installed. Later versions
>     of the java installer utility will use this ini file to let you view
> and/or update
>     your WE4Java installations.
>   * Default for using the automatic text helper dialog is now set to only
>     be used for read-only multi-line edit boxes. Normal edit boxes will be
>     handled from inside the java screen.
> [...]

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535   <http://www.loc.gov/nls>
HOME:  <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of NLS.