[nfbcs] Off-topic - Talking Watch

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 18 02:29:33 UTC 2009

I actually tried to join the Navy after I got out of college. I was a math
major and the Navy must send every math major in the country letters saying
they want them.  They're like 'You can come in as an officer, run a nuclear
submarine. Come on, it'll be fun!'. So after I graduated, I went into the
recruiting  office and said, "Okay, I'm here. Where's my ship?"

I dunno... It just never occured to me that they didn't realize I was blind.