[nfbcs] JAWS and Selecting Blocks of Text

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 16:41:46 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am using Microsoft Word 2003.  When I try to use JAWS 10 to select text, I
get quirky results.  First, if I begin at the beginning of a line and begin
selecting text down line by line, the text is fragmented.  It does not
select complete lines as I am hoping.  Second, JAWS will not continue into
the next paragraph.  I am defining a paragraph as a section of text divided
by a blank line.  When JAWS gets to the end of a paragraph, it will not
select further.  This is most frustrating, and using JAWS 11 is no better.
Any thoughts?

Best,

Joe