[nfbcs] Suggestions for GPS

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 14 16:21:05 UTC 2010

Have you used any of these cell phone GPS apps?  A few weeks ago, I asked
about the iphone app on the voiceover list and from what I have heard, they
don't work that well. Wayfinder and StreetTalk are supposedly much better.
But if you're looking at bang for the buck these cell phone apps may be
competitive because they're so much cheaper than Wayfinder or StreetTalk.

But, of course, I'm only getting this second hand.

I have a Pac Mate with a GPS  and I really like it. I mean, I really like
the GPS functionality. There are plenty of other things about the Pac Mate
that I don't like at all but I am quite satisfied with the GPS and GPS
software, StreetTalk.  I bought a used Pac Mate with GPS for $1500 and I
still haven't been able to find a way to beat that value.