[nfbcs] USB drive on two machines at the same time?

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Wed Apr 6 17:19:00 UTC 2011

The problem I'm trying to solve is this:  I frequently script at
company and government locations that will not allow me to connect my
laptop to the local network.  Some sites don't allow write access to
USB drives either.  I develop scripts on my laptop much of the time
because I have tools there for managing the process, but of course the
scripts must be installed on the machine at the location where I'm
working.

So the two-USB-connector drive idea would work like this:  I would
write code on my laptop and run an installer from the same drive to
install on the office machine.  The same can of course be achieved
without the extra USB connector just by moving the drive back and
forth between machines, but in rapid-turnaround testing situations,
which are frequent, that becomes much slower than my idea would be.