[nfbcs] Creating a Silent Automated Windows 7 Installation for Use with DVD or USB Drive

Mika Pyyhkala pyyhkala at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 21:54:18 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I wonder if anyone has had success with creating a silent automated
Windows 7 installation which would then typically be burned to a DVD
or saved to a usb drive.

I did some google searches, and came across a utility called
RT 7 Lite
which appears to do exactly what is needed, however, the utility has
crashed several times running Jaws 13 on a 64bit system, and does not
appear to be very accessible or stable.

There is also a Microsoft Automated Installation Kit AKE (similar
name) and I wonder if anyone has used this?

In the end I want to create a usb drive that I can use in a system to
completely repartition, format, and do a fresh clean Windows 7 install
without the prompts (as screen reading technology would not be
avaialble while the installer ran.)

I would be using a Windows 7 enterprise ISO file with SP1 to create
the installation.

Thanks,
Mika Pyyhkala
@pyyhkala