[nfbcs] Creating a Silent Automated Windows 7 Installation for Use with DVD or USB Drive

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 16 13:12:09 UTC 2012

I do eyes-free installs with just the tools Microsoft supplies. If you want
to try it, I wrote a wiki page on doing an eyes-free Win7 install using the
Windows Automatic Installation Kit. Its on the wiki of the International
Association of Visually Impaired Technologists. See

http://wiki.iavit.org/index.php/Installing_Windows_7

Once I understood what Microsoft wants you to do, I had no problems. It took
me a while to figure out how to use the tool that creates the unattended xml
file but once I understood it, it was fairly easy.  The Windows Automatic
Installation Kit has some accessibility problems and the wiki entry attempts
to explain how to over come them.