[nfbcs] Running 16-bit DOS Applications Under windows-7 64-bit

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Mar 25 05:23:28 UTC 2012

Hi, Steve.

Yeah; I looked at DOSBOX but, as you say, it's somewhat of a virtual machine
and I couldn't figure out a way to access it using JAWS (or, for that
matter, any other screen-reader). Actually, although there are some 16-bit
MSDOS native applications I'd like to run, part of the *real* reason it
might be fun to come up with something is that there are three very fine
CP/M emulators that run under good ol' MSDOS and I have a bunch of files
that are written in compressed formats very common thirty years ago under
Cp/M but almost unknown now and I'd like to be able to work with them.
Besides, Cp/M's ED comes about as close to DECsystem-10 TECO (an editor that
I loved because you could do almost anything with it including crashing your
PDP-10 mainframe) as anything that's come since (I once had a UNIX TECO but
don't know what I did with it).

Call me weird! I may have to resurrect my CP/M emulator that runs under UNIX
and work with Panix's shell.

Fun and games.

Mike