[nfbcs] Window-Eyes and LaTeX

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Fri May 4 15:08:00 UTC 2012

I used LaTeX both to read and write math and Computer Science class
homeworks in college, many moons ago. :) I don't remember exactly what
\cdot is. \ensuremath{} is a construct I did not see in those days,
but I think it's just a way to make sure the expression is typeset as
a mathematical formula even if TeX is already in that mode. So you
should safely be able to ignore that part. The dollar signs before and
after an expression are the way I remember seeing "math mode" being
started and ended; so again, you can pretty much ignore those.

c+G is just the addition of two variables, algebraicly.

The \frac expression is a fraction where the numerator comes before
the denominator, so \frac{G}{F} means "G over F."