[nfbcs] ssh client for jwas 13

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Sep 24 14:01:27 UTC 2012

I doubt that its so much a technical issue as it is a popularity problem. It
would be a lot easier for FS to support an ssh client than Outlook or
Internet Explorer. HyperTerminal used to work pretty well with jaws and FS
supported it. But it never did ssh and I don't think its even in Win7. There
is a general problem with jaws 13 and command line apps. You can open a cmd
window and see for yourself. Press Windows+r, type cmd, press enter. Then
just start typing. At times, jaws 13 (and probably 14) will read the entire
line when you press a key. It's a bug but I doubt that that FS would have a
very hard time fixing it if they gave it a high priority.

I haven't tried nvda but I'll bet nvda handles it just fine.  Nvda was
absolutely awesome in a command window in Windows XP.