[nfbcs] accessible cell phones

Leslie Fairall fairall at shellworld.net
Wed Apr 3 22:42:15 UTC 2013

Hi Joe:

I have not tried to install software with Mobile Accessibility. However, I
have installed standard apps, just like the rest of the general public.
Mobile Accessibility and Talkback are the two screen readers used on
Android phones. Mobile Accessibility acts both as a shell and a screen
reader once you leave it. For your purposes, I would experiment with both
screen readers to see which one would work best. Talkback comes standard
on all Android phones, but does not have Braille support yet. Mobile
Accessibility is free on Verizon and AT&T. It can also be used as a 30-day
demo on other networks. If you decide to purchase it, it is only $99. I
tried the free demo before I bought the program. Since the Samsung Galaxy
Relay was my first smartphone, I wanted to make sure I could do the basics
easily such as dialing a number, etc. I like having Braille support,
although I feel it needs work right now. I'm hoping Code Factory will
improve it.

--
Leslie Fairall
mailto:fairall at shellworld.net