[nfbcs] Eclipse (again)

Currin, Kevin kwcurrin at live.unc.edu
Tue Feb 5 04:36:00 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry for flooding the listserve with Eclipse problems.

I have been having a very difficult time using Eclipse effectively. I am in a comp sci class that is teaching object oriented programming. The material isn't to terribly difficult, but I am getting behind so much because of my issues with Eclipse. I'm not sure of how to use the debugger. I know that sighted people just hoover the mouse over things underlined in red and a message pops up for how to fix the error. Is there a keyboard command for this? I also can't navigate the program very consistently. Sometimes I can get to what I want and sometimes I can't. For example, I use control+e or control+shift+e to open a list of my files and select the one I want to go to. However, recently this hasn't been working all that well. I also don't know how to consistently get back to the console.

I am using Eclipse version 4.2 with Jaws 12.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am meeting with the instructor soon to discuss some of these problems.

Thanks,

Kevin