[nfbcs] Speakers

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 6 19:35:06 UTC 2013

If you are looking for USB powered speakers (as opposed to USB
speakers), I have three pairs of these speakers I like them so much:
Altec Lansing BXR1220 2.0 Speaker System
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0025VKUPW/ref=nosim/?

Each speaker is about the size of a beer bottle without the neck.
Imagine a beer bottle cut off before it starts getting smaller toward
the top. The sound is very good for speech. The sound is not bad for
music but speech is very clear.  Of course they have a volume control
knob and an on/off switch. I've never seen speakers that don't have those.

But just to be clear, these speakers use the sound card on your PC. They
just get their power through the USB port. That's nice though because
then you don't need a power brick for them.