[nfbcs] Inaccessible training, again

Joseph C. Lininger devnull-nfbcs at pcdesk.net
Sun Feb 17 21:55:40 UTC 2013

This is not exactly the same thing, although it is related. It has to do
with those ribbon bars they are putting on newer applications. I find
the trend interesting in a lot of ways. Blind folks sometimes find those
things confusing. Here's the thing though; so do sighted folks. I have
met one, count them, one person who actually likes the new ribbon bars.
Most people I know, blind and sighted alike, prefer the older style menu
bars because they make it easier to find a particular function. I still
hear people complaining about it in office specifically, years after the
first version with the ribbon bars (2007) was released. The point is,
sometimes a "new look" or a "more visually appealing interface" is
actually worse for everyone.
Joe