[nfbcs] Inaccessible training, again

Mike Jolls majolls at cox.net
Mon Feb 18 01:40:37 UTC 2013

I experiemented with the ribbion ... and as I recall ... what I found was
that every ribbon option had a unique shortcut-key sequence.  Therefore, if
you worked with the ribbon enough, and memorized the shortcuts, you could
access every option (at least to the extent I explored) through a shortcut
key.  My understanding is that the old menu style which had hotkeys allowed
the same type of shortcuts.  However, there were some menu options that did
NOT have shortcuts assigned to them.  If I'm right, that every ribbon bar
option had a different hot key combination, then adoption of the ribbon keys
would overcome this "no shortcut on certain menu option" shortcoming.  Then,
if you had shortcut keys on every option, it would simply be a matter of
putting in the time and learning them.

If that's the case, where's the problem with the ribbon?  Yes, it's new.
Yes, it's change.  But if every option had a shortcut, isn't that what we
were looking for?

Comments appreciated.