[nfbcs] (no subject)

Zeeshan Khan zeek786 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 04:08:49 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to learn programming and I am an absolute beginner. As a
legally blind person I want to ask you all if anyone has learned
programming and computer science as a blind person. The things is I have
already gotten my  degree in economics about 3 years ago, so I am not sure
if I am too late to the field. So how did any of you learn computer
science/  programming? What resources did you use? how long did it take you
to become a decent programmer, or at least good enough to land a job? I am
not trying to go back to school and get a Bachelors as it own't really help
me, plus I don't have the time as I am working. I really want to learn
computer science as I am looking to make a career change, and the future is
in technology. I am aware of many online resources, like codecademy,
coursera and other free things online, but not sure if I should get into
these, as I lack a foundation in computer science. What is the job market
like , in your opinion?

I really look forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences,
Thanks,

--

Zeeshan Khan

ToiBooks