[nfbcs] Help from Apple Users

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Feb 20 17:05:20 UTC 2013

John,

Thank you for this resource.  It probably wouldn't hurt for me to get on that list, and I'll make certain the person in question
knows about it when he gets a computer if he goes with a MAC.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:29:36 -0600, John G. Heim wrote:

>I think you or your friend needs to get on the  Mac For the Blind email
>list.

>mac4theblind at freelists.org

>I think you can subscribe by sending to
>mac4theblind-subscribe at freelists.org.

>On 2/19/2013 9:23 PM, Steve Jacobson wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm trying to help a person navigate the complexity of buying a computer and learning to use one for the first time while in
his 70's.  Since he had never used a keyboard, he is somewhat interested in using voice
>> input.  I am fairly familiar with what is available in the Windows world, but am wondering if there are voice input options for
the MAC as well.  If it is built in, is it pretty good at generating text for e-mails, for example,
>> knowing that there are always corrections necessary.  I am not certain if there are other advantages I should consider for him
with a MAC, either, although certainly VoiceOver would certainly be helpful.