[nfbcs] bs is bs

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Thu Feb 21 21:25:20 UTC 2013

Aaron,

All of that is totally awesome!

I appreciate your discussion of python specifically, since that's one
I'm leaning towards learning once I get a few other skills back up to
snuff. I've only started to look into it, so it's good to hear from
someone with more familiarity!

I'd forgotten about the bit where I'm forever studying college catalogs,
then finding ways to meet the course goals without all the expense and
bother of taking the class. Usually, I do start with some project in
mind to begin, so I'm motivated to study fast and learn well so when I
apply it to said project I don't come off looking like a moron.

I usually also will devise some project or other to practice bits and
pieces on, even if it's just something pointless. If I'm pondering some
complicated bit of database design and remember I need milk and bananas
from the grocery store, guess what? A database happens with some slick
fancy feature I want to experiment with before anybody can see my
mistakes... The milk and bananas remain in the grocery store. Oh, well.
I took whatever it was I learned from that one, applied it to my real
project of the time, which impressed the snot out of several people that
I could just whip up something so clever off the top of my head (ha!),
which led to... Whatever works, man. Whatever works. /lol/

Tami